Formalin fixed paraffin embedded human stomach stained with Mucin 5AC antibody (Mob 357).
- IsotypeIgG1, kappa
- ImmunogenBALB/C mice were injected with M1 mucin preparation from the fluid of an ovarian mucinous cyst belonging to an O Le (a-b) patient.
- SummaryThis antibody reacts with a 1000 kDa protein and recognizes the peptide core of gastric mucin M1. Mucins are high molecular weight glycoproteins with 80% carbohydrates and 20% core protein. Gastric mucin M1 antigen is found in columnar mucus cells of surface gastric epithelium and in goblet cells of the fetal and precancerous colon but not in normal colon. Resurgence of gastric mucin during colonic carcinogenesis is suggestive of either re-expression of the peptide core of gastric mucin in the adult colon or changes in the glycosylation pattern of mucin, which expose the hidden M1 antigen.
- Cellular LocalizationCytoplasmic, cell surface
- Positive Control TissueStomach
- Intended UseIVD
- Description/TypeMonoclonal Mouse Anti-Human
|MOB357||Concentrated 1 ml|
|MOB357-05||Concentrated 0.5 ml|
|PDM163||Prediluted 6 ml|